About Me

Hello, My name is Suzanne and I am writing this blog to share my life experience as an artist, designer and person of faith. It is my hope to encourage, motivate, uplift and support those who seek to use their God given gifts and talents to serve. For it is by God we are all endowed with such gifts, and talents, and it is to God's good work that they can be returned. All the artwork and content posted on this site is the property of Suzanne VanRaemdonck. There is a registered copyright and trademark and cannot be reproduced without specific contractual agreement given by the artist and author.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Money

Today the topic of our service at church was, Greed.

I have to admit I am a little confused over this in regard to money.
On the one hand we're taught that we're supposed to be satisfied with what we have, content and happy with whatever the Lord provides us with.
But then you have someone like Joel Osteen who teaches us that God wants us to have a prosperous and bountiful life, which I believe is true.
I think it is important that each of us strives to be all that God intended us to be.
So you have to wonder, "If I am stepping out in faith and facing my fears to live a life that serves God, but I don't see any fruit from my efforts...am I on the right track? Did I understand Him correctly? Have I made a mistake?

Is it wrong to aim higher?
To think bigger?

If that were true we would never have computers, heart transplants, or huge ministries that reach people all over the globe via television instead of just small town churches.

I would imagine the problem lies not with the desire to aim higher or think bigger, but with what you do with what you have, or what you want to do with what you hope to have that matters.
Of course we must ask ourselves...Why do I want this?

I think as human beings we cannot completely let go of feelings of greed, ego, etc.
All we can do is try to keep them in check.

I guess the question is...How do we find that middle ground of trusting that God has us in exactly the right place at exactly the right time, doing exactly what he intended for us to do, if what we are attempting to do doesn't seem to be going anywhere?

I welcome your input and opinions,
I'm always trying to grow.

Suzanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment