About Me

Hello, My name is Suzanne and I am writing this blog to share my life experience as an artist, designer and person of faith. It is my hope to encourage, motivate, uplift and support those who seek to use their God given gifts and talents to serve. For it is by God we are all endowed with such gifts, and talents, and it is to God's good work that they can be returned. All the artwork and content posted on this site is the property of Suzanne VanRaemdonck. There is a registered copyright and trademark and cannot be reproduced without specific contractual agreement given by the artist and author.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Tragedy In Haiti


When something as tragic as the recent earth quake in Haiti happens, it begs the question, "why"?.
Why would a God who is good and loving allow such pain and suffering?
None of us can answer this question. But my pastor (Jeff Jaggers) put it pretty well. He said...
"I do not believe that God is responsible for this tragic disaster-just as I do not believe that God was responsible for hurricane Katrina or Michael Jackson's death. What is good is that the church (which is of God) will use this opportunity to incarnate God's love and care for the people of Haiti. It may not get much (any) press, but we will still bring help and hope to these folks whom God loves."

We all need to do what we can to help the people of Haiti, keep them in your prayers and take whatever action you can.

God Bless & Keep You.
Suzanne.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, and perfect use of Eric's painting! I've always loved that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. why would a loving and caring god allow such a thing to happen? The two answers are: 1) He is not loving and caring but more akin to a 10 year old on top of an ant hill with a magnifying glass or 2) He isn't real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Punch,

    I really appreciate your input. I have read your blog and am impressed by your depth of thought and feeling.

    I am a Christian and have not come to my faith by what was handed down by my parents as you suggested in part of your blog.
    My parents did not go to church or teach any particular faith.
    I came to my faith as a response to what was demonstrated to me in my family and society...drug abuse, physical abuse, alcohol abuse, fear, pain...the list goes on.
    Even if I turned out to be wrong, I would rather live my life believing in something good and taking action in the name of that good, than to be filled with cynacism and lack of hope.
    I have nothing to loose and everything to gain.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete